Duke President Richard Brodhead sent a message out yesterday to everyone involved with Duke University regarding the University’s response to the terrible events of March 13.
He lists five initiatives Duke will be taking to address the problems that have come to light:
- Investigation of men’s lacrosse, in regards to past patterns of behavior.
- Investigation of the Duke Administration response to the rape investigation.
- Examination of student judicial process and practices.
- Establishing a Campus Culture Initiative to discuss student responsibility.
- Establishing a Presidential Council for higher-level advice.
Here’s a link to the full letter.
It looks like a good start, and I hope at least some good can come out of the response to what happened, even if it is small comfort.