Not sure how many folks make it to both, but phantom-thought is pretty much my stream-of-consciousness linkblog (or tumblelog, to be more correct). If I see something interesting that I’m not going to write a post about, it ends up there. Here are a few recent items that I think are worth the attention:
- Autism Unveiled – An article about an anthropologist’s research into autism that I found more informative than almost anything else I’ve read about autism this year.
- The U.S. Supreme Court may have just injected a bit of sense into our current patent system. In any case, it has rocked a system that badly needs reform. Now, if they can just reinforce fair use in copyright law.
- Junebug – Good movie. Exhibits the same quality as Garrison Keillor’s earlier Lake Wobegon novels, where it evokes emotion through familiar characterization rather than forcing it through plot. That being said, I was probably just jazzed because I grew up in the same area where it was set and filmed.
- Jail time likely to fuel Hilton’s fame – Kudos to Sandy Cohen of the Associated Press for working Fatty Arbuckle into a paragraph with Martha Stewart, Robert Downey Jr., Bobby Brown, and Heidi Fleiss.
- Scottish revolts never seem to turn out well.
- You? B-List, at best. Bacon on a Cat? A, definitely.
- “Why, anybody can have a brain.” – I love the Wizard.
- Twitter: The Evolution of Cat Blogging
- “In Romagna, the realm of all stupidity…” – The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci
- I’d rather deal with communist pirate ninjas without unicycles, but you take what you get.
Wasn’t that interesting, folks? Oh well, at least someone found it interesting, right, Interested Cat?
That’s right, buddy. I can always count on you on a Friday. 🙂