Seems like a lot of these floating around right now. I got tagged by Too Many Topics, Too Little Time. It was originally seven things, but I decided to modify it a little to see what happens.
1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven (and a half) facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven (and a half) people at the end of your post by leaving their names.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here we go…
This is so exciting…
Feel free to back out at any time…The safe word is “Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften”.
Okay, let’s do this…
1. Post-college, I’ve never worked for any length of time in a non-public-service-related environment. My job trail goes association > newspaper > nonprofit news organization > association > government contractor > government contractor. I didn’t intend it that way. It just happened. Kind of makes me wonder what I’ve missed.
2. During that period of time, I’ve lasted through something like eight major layoffs without getting hit. Not sure how that happened, either.
3. I got a Wii Fit the other day. NewEgg.com had them for list price. Balance is very important to the Wii Fit. I think it was laughing at me when I tried it out. My center of gravity is apparently two feet behind me, possibly at some sort of Lagrange Point between myself and the Earth. (Either that, or it’s the fact I have the posture of a 19th-century Bavarian burgomeister.)
4. “Misanthropic introvert who doesn’t like to be alone” describes me well. The last time I took a Myers-Briggs test for work, I hit 30 (the highest) on Introversion. Yet I suspect some folks would consider me chatty.
5. INTP. In case you were wondering. I also scored 30 on Intuition. We got cards with our letters on it. I could never remember what they meant. They don’t have a Memory score.
6. I don’t remember high school very well, and hanging out on Facebook I’m starting to think that might be abnormal. I remember people from high school, but not a lot of specifics about me or things that happened around me. I’m not really sure those count as my formative years. I’ll bet they would if I hadn’t liked them, though, which is why I’m glad I went where I did. (There was something cool about walking into a 9th-grade classroom at a school I hadn’t been to since the 6th grade, and having one of the guys say, “Hey, Shane’s back!”)
7. Speaking of high school, I do have at least one vivid memory: I was going to ask someone out, and ended up walking past them, going into the bathroom, and throwing up because I was nervous. Luckily I stopped doing that sort of thing by grad school. 🙂
7.5. I’m really proud of my ability to…
Anyway, time to tag 7.5 people. I’ll copy this to Facebook, where many of them reside. Y’all can figure out the half-person thing amongst yourselves, but remember…It could be that I just consider everyone else to be 15/16ths people. (Although, technically, if I went by mass, and the unit of measurement were me, I could easily see some of my friends being one-half.) 😉
Let’s see: Adam, Astrid, Carolyn, Chris, Katy, Lorrie, Melanie, Sarah.